Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Connecting to printer via blue tooth
Connecting to printer via blue tooth

2418 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-02-12 21:50:53

•   Level 3   
    (80) points
    Mobile Auto Diagnostics
    2015-02-11 18:43:43
     Hope someone can help, I need to know if I can (and how) I can connect to my printer from my MS908 to print off reports. I do not have a network as this is  not in a workshop, basically I have a mobile set up in my service van with an Acer laptop connected to a printer via USB cable. The laptop is connected to the internet when needed via a personal hotspot connection from my I-Phone . ( Yeah I know I have a mixture of operating systems LOL).
    There appears to be no way of installing drivers for a bluetooth USB wireless print adaptor onto the MS908 and there doesn't appear to be a way to change the printer settings to have the printer connected directly to the MS908 via a USB  printer cable. 
    Any ideas to get round this ?
    Thanks in advance 

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-02-12 19:23:20 (Reply to:Mobile Auto Diagnostics)

Essentially you can not do what you want. The maxysis is looking the recieving program on a pc to print out on. What would be best for you to do is to install a wireless router in your van and create you own little network. If you want to take it a step further get yourself a 4g LTE router by cradelpoint so you will have internet access with out using your phone. Your download speeds will be much faster using a router like that then using your phone as a hot spot.    

•   Level 3   
    (80) points
    Mobile Auto Diagnostics
    2015-02-12 19:34:42 (Reply to:mitch)
      Thanks Mitch , I just managed to work out how to do it. My laptop came with bluetooth but it wasn't enabled so I switched it on and paired the MS908 to my laptop then I switched on the wireless so both are connected to the internet, with the printer connected to my lap top I hit the print button from a vehicle in the history tab on the MaxiSys and it printed the document straight off with no problems !!

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-02-12 21:50:53 (Reply to:Mobile Auto Diagnostics)

Aha that's great never thought of that. Thanks for the post.
  Total1 Pages